(Some of the information below has been adapted from the Lansinoh website to give you credited information, and not just from my opinion.)
Safe Temperature Storage Guidelines
What type of container to use
Refrigerated or frozen milk can be stored in the following containers safely:
- Hard plastic or glass containers
- BPA free containers
- Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags (I highly recommend these, they are incredibly easy to use and store!)
- If you have pumped enough milk to fill the storage bag or container, leave room at the top before freezing as the milk will expand.
- Date the package and make sure you put how many ounces as the package can be hard to read sometimes.
- Directly from Lansinoh, they say that disposable bottle liners are not recommended to be used! They can be less durable and tend to leak, and also can cause contamination easier in the milk.
- If you have to pump and store your breastmilk at work, make sure you label it with your name on it.
- Keep frozen or non-frozen breastmilk in the middle or back of refrigerator or freezer. In the freezer, if it is in the door, you can cause it to defrost a little each time you open to door or drawer. This can cause the milk to go bad quickly.
- It is highly important that you do not boil breastmilk in water, or run incredibly hot boiling water over it to defrost it. Use warm or hot water to keep from ruining the milk.
- Never use a microwave to defrost or warm breastmilk.
- Carefully swirl the milk around to check the temperature correctly (this also distributes the milk evenly since it does separate while storing)
Storing thawed breastmilk:
- You can refrigerate previously frozen breastmilk. It must be used within 24 hours.
- Do not refreeze breastmilk.
Breastmilk can go bad. Please do extra research before you start pumping so you know how to pump and what to expect!
Enter to win the Lansinoh Signature Pro™ Double Electric Breast Pump!
Giveaway starts June 20th and ends July 6th at midnight. Open to US residents, 18+ only. CTM is not responsible for prize fulfillment. We will follow up with the sponsor if the prize is not received within a timely manner. Winner will have 24 hours to respond to winning email or forfeit the prize to a new winner.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I am a sponsored Lansinoh blogger. I received this pump and other items in compensation for a long term set of blogging and promotions. This does not alter my view or opinion on the product or opinions in the post if it is not a review. All opinions are my own.