Go Hypoallergenic this Spring with Dreft
Spring is here! Dreft is right in line with spring and anyone who may have allergies. I love using Dreft on my two girl’s clothes, especially when they were newborns. It gave me peace of mind knowing that Dreft is great for anyone who is allergic to certain things. Why take the risk with babies? So I’m here to introduce to your their Hypoallergenic product, and share a great giveaway as well as a Twitter Party that is coming up soon.
Dreft is great for parents who want to keep their children comfortable during the allergy season and they’re also the No. 1 baby laundry detergent chosen by pediatricians. They’ve been trusted for over 80 years and it’s known to be gentle and hypoallergenic on baby’s skin.
No matter how beautiful the weather may be, the spring weather is known for bringing allergies out in some. The rise in temperatures may be warm and nice, but these can cause skin irritations for little ones. Skin sensitivities is one thing I had to worry about with my daughters when they were little, especially since it runs in the family. When I used Dreft I didn’t have to worry about that, and the smell was so sweet to any mom’s nose! Just washing their clothes before they were born made me more than ready.
This cutie pie is holding the bottle of Dreft Blissfuls. The bottle holds pretty pink little beads that are scent boosters. Simply add a cap or half a cap, or just a few into your washer directly onto the laundry and let it go to work. The blissful sweet smell that comes out with your clothing is enough to make you want to bathe in them (please don’t!).
My two girls get rashes sometimes, most of the time being spots of dry skin such as exzema. With the Dreft detergent I haven’t had to worry about that with them. The clothing is cleaned with the hypoallergenic detergent and I can feel comfortable putting them in whatever I want.
Dr. Hes Tips: Protecting Baby’s Sensitive Skin during Spring Allergy Season:
1. Make bath-time beneficial: Over exposure to water can actually rob skin of natural moisture. Scaling back on tub time will help avoid resulting itch — about 10 minutes is plenty of time for water play and a quick scrub. Use warm water (vs. hot) and leave the suds to the very end. Use a mild cleanser to keep skin soft and itch-free. Gently pat skin dry and end with an after-bath moisturizer to seal in moisture and protect baby’s soft skin.
2. Choose the right fabrics and care for them properly: When it comes to fabrics, it’s extremely important to seek out gentle and hypoallergenic items to care for the items that touch baby’s sensitive skin. It’s also essential that fabrics be cared for properly. Wash baby’s items with a specially-formulated product such as Dreft, the #1 baby laundry detergent choice of pediatricians to be gentle and hypoallergenic on baby’s skin. Trusted for over 80 years, Dreft comes with a babyhood scent beloved by moms, and it remains safe and hypoallergenic for baby.
3. Protect Problem Skin: Heat is a common trigger for eczema and as the weather warms up, there are a few things you can do to help prevent flare ups of such skin irritations. The sun is strongest between the hours of 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. so try to shield baby from direct sun exposure during those times. There are also apps available that can inform you of the hottest part of the day – which can be helpful for parents as they plan any outings with their little ones!
Dreft Tritter Party
Join us on May 9th at 9-10pm EST as @Dreft hosts a Twitter Party with pediatrician and mom, Dr. Dyan Hes. Join in as Dr. Dyan Hes (@gramercypeds) shares tips to make sure your baby is protected and comfortable during the spring allergy season. RSVP at this link here for the Twitter Party!
Enter to win a Dreft Hypoallergenic Package (ARV $60)!
Giveaway starts April 25 and ends May 9 at midnight. Open to US residents, 18+ only. CTM is not responsible for prize pack. We will follow up with sponsor if prize is not received within a timely manner. Winner will have 24 hours to respond to winning email or forfeit their prize to a new winner. Void where prohibited. Please see laws and rules in your local area for more information.
- Dreft product (Newborn, Active Baby, & Blissfuls)
- Gender neutral hypoallergenic blanket (as seen in photos above)